Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving



Oh, the time of year to give thanks for all the things we hold dear! Of course, good books are towards the top of my list, but there is so much more that I am grateful for this season…

My family. They may be more than a little messed up, but they are mine. I love them, and for good or for bad, they have shaped me into the person I am today.

My man. He makes me laugh so hard I cry, consider new perspectives and try new things, see others more like Jesus would, and appreciate the little things. I am a better person because of him.

My friends. Both old and new, my friends are shopping buddies, chefs, therapists, drill sergeants, co-conspirators, fellow coffee addicts, teachers, dance partners, explorers, and pals.

My health. With so many of my friends and loved ones struggling with illness, I feel so incredibly lucky to enjoy good health. It's something I take for granted, but am so grateful for.

My work. I am so incredibly lucky to wake up each day and go to a job I love and work with a great team that always makes me smile.

My church. I know it's not for everybody, but my church is perfect for me. I am grateful to serve in the café, belong to a community committed to loving others in Jesus' name, and receive awesome teaching from pastors like Ray and Curt.

My pretty things. I am so thankful I get to enjoy the finer things, like good books and good coffee! They sooth my soul.

What are YOU grateful for this Thanksgiving? Share your own list! And as always…


Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment